Tuesday 14 May 2013

3D forest scene overview on final outcome

In my opinion the final version of the forest seems to be rather successful as it complies well with what I was trying to achieve, a unique looking scene which would enable and interact well with foreign objects such as 2D characters.

The scene itself is built up of various different trees each bringing additional aspects to the 3D area. Several different textures and forms of fur have been used to fill in space and bring everything together. The grass works well with the scene as it corresponds well with the surrounding objects including the trees as well as bushes and dandelions.

I choose specific textures and colours when creating my scene as I was aiming to achieve a specific look, one which gave of an intimidating dark feeling whilst also showing signs of life (dandelions) in order to interlink with the fairy tale feeling of the story, Little Red Riding hood. 

In order to achieve a successful scene, I had to ensure the forest portrayed both signs of life and death, both of which are able to link in with individual characters  the wolf representing death and red riding hood life. I portrayed these within my scene by creating dead looking trees showing no signs of life (no greenery) applied with bland textures to create darkness and fear. life was then introduced by creating greenery with grass, bushes and flowers. 

The idea of our project is to combine several forms of mixed media together, we choose to incorporate both 2D and 3D together, this therefore meant that I had to carefully choose which camera angles I wanted when rendering out my scene as I had to ensure the 2D animation could be inserted into the scene successfully  The camera angle we settled on was a pan across view as it would enable movement for the 2d character as well as showing of the forest scene.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment